Thread: Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset won't enter pairing mode

Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset won't enter pairing mode

My mom's boyfriend gave me his H700 headset earlier today, and I've yet to find a way to get it to work with my phone. The indicator light on the headset is supposed to turn purple to enter paring mode, but it seems incapable of doing so. It had been paired with a Motorola Q on Verizon's network before, but that phone isn't even in the house anymore. My phone is an HTC Touch CDMA model (Verizon Wireless XV6900) running Windows Mobile 6.1.

Does anyone know a way to force the H700 to enter paring mode? Like a hard reset of sorts? It does charge via a USB cable, so perhaps there's a software fix. I did check Motorola's site for information, but honestly it's crap. There's literally nothing but the "manual" which is basically a pamphlet with a few pages of information that isn't exactly helpful (read: not at all).
    -Limefan913

More than one might expect!

For those who don't wish to follow the link:

While the mic is still folded in, press the big phone button until the light turns purple. When it does, unfold the headset and the device should be in pairing mode (the light should STAY purple).

You sir, are my hero. I spent an hour going in circles on Motorola's site.
    -Limefan913

Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset still won't enter pairing

My new H700 headset will happily flash its blue light when the Call button is pressed, but (even after 60 seconds) won't give me a (steady or other) purple light

Did the link in iissmart's post help?
    Long-time stalwart of the P2P community, the Legendary Axeman fights off spammers and
    trolls at P2P forums and helps to manage the blocklists of Bluetack and various P2P programs.

h700 bluetooth still won't go into pairing mode

The link from iissmart assumes that the solid light comes on (if only for a few seconds). In my case the color of the light never changes and the rate of flashing never changes. Opening the mike during one of the flashes also does not work.

There appears to be several different methods in that thread. See if one works for you.
    Long-time stalwart of the P2P community, the Legendary Axeman fights off spammers and
    trolls at P2P forums and helps to manage the blocklists of Bluetack and various P2P programs.

Angry PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I have the motorola h700 bluetooth and its never been used... when i put it on the charger for the first time it went right to green it was never red or yellow and assuming that it was fully charged i tried pressing the talk button but nothing happens the only light i see is the green when it is on the charger other than that its totally off no blue no purple NOTHING... i need to pair it to my blackberry curve asap PLEASE HELP....

Quote Originally Posted by MLOD View Post
    My new H700 headset will happily flash its blue light when the Call button is pressed, but (even after 60 seconds) won't give me a (steady or other) purple light

did you figure out how to get the purple light to come on cuz i cant

There are several problems and fixes in this thread, and I think your problem is there too:

http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/mo...g-pairing.html